How to Make Birdseed Hangers
On the 2nd Day of Christmas, ferti-lome showed me…
How to Make Birdseed Hangers!
Seeds for birds are limited during the winter months with snow and ice covering their food sources. Birdseed hangers are easy to assemble and provide a go-to spot for bird watching. Let's make some birdseed treats and hang them outside for the birds to enjoy!
What you’ll need:
1 Slice of bread for each hanger
Yarn, string or ribbon
How to make it:
1. Use a cookie cutter to create shapes from slices of bread.
2. Let bread sit on the counter until dried out – a few hours should be good.
3. Use a toothpick or something similar to poke a hole through the bread for the string. NOTE: Bread may tear if the hole is too close to the top, leave room above the hole. (see picture)
4. Thread ribbon through the hole and carefully tie in a knot.
5. Spread both sides of bread with peanut butter.
6. Line a plate with birdseed and place the hanger on the birdseed. Turn over to coat both sides thoroughly.
7. Hang the treats outside! (Place the treats close to a branch so birds will be able to perch while enjoying the treats.)
Email to a Friend
More stories by
Return To Articles Homepage