Please join me in congratulating George & Katie Dege as they retire from their family business and the VPG Board. The Deges have been a fully committed VPG customer for 45 years and George has faithfully served on the VPG Board for 20 years. George & Katie have been great friends to me and great friends to VPG. God bless you George and Katie and your family on the new journey you are beginning.
I have been working in conjunction with the Board to vet out a new Board Member. I would like to introduce you to Jay Carter for your consideration to elect as a Board Member to fill the vacant position. Jay Carter is the CEO ofFarmers Coop, headquartered in Van Buren, Arkansas. Jay's job history and Board experience will serve VPG well in representing our retail owner/customers. The Lawn & Garden and Ranchette Farm Store business is a large market segment for VPG.
Please see the following abbreviated resume of Jay's work history:
• 2008-Present- Farmers Coop. Van Buren. Arkansas- Multi store operation serving as COO and currently CEO with
extensive knowledge in the Lawn & Garden retail business and extensive knowledge in the Farm & Ranch business.
• 1974-2008 - Ralston Purina, BP, Land 0 Lakes (Purina) -Maintenance Supervisor, Plant Manager, Area Customer
Service Manager, Sales Account Manager, Retail & Business Development, and Distribution Specialist.
• 2 Year Associate Electronics, Oklahoma State University, Okmulgee, OK
• BS Industrial Management, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO
• 1987-2007 Railway Employee Credit Union Board, Chairperson 1997-2007
• Current Board Member of Farmers Coop, Van Buren, Arkansas
• Married to Tamara Carter, 1981 to present
• Two sons, Patrick (Fort Collins, CO) and Jay (St. Louis, MO)
After having met Jay and discussed his business qualifications and credentials, Jay will be on the ballot for the election as a VPG Board Member. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at (903) 583-5501.
Thank you for your business and support,